TAMPA, FL, November 16, 2023 /24-7PressRelease/ -- College HUNKS Hauling Junk and Moving®, the full-service moving and junk removal company, shares tips and tricks for organization and decluttering in preparation for the holiday season.
"The holidays bring an opportunity to clean and organize your space that your family and friends will be gathering in," said Nick Friedman, Co-Founder and President of College HUNKS. "For some, this is the first time this year that your family and friends will be over at your home, and ensuring your space is neat and tidy can help reduce the stress that can come with hosting a group."
Tips and tricks to get organized prior to the holidays include:
• Clear the Clutter as Soon as Possible - Start by assigning bins in your kitchen or hallway with labels like "recycle", "donate" and "trash" and try to get rid of one item every day. Once the clutter is fully removed over time, pack your bins in the car and take it to the respective places.
• Deep Clean Your Living Spaces - In early November, start cleaning the high-traffic areas like the kitchen, the living room and bathrooms, so when the holidays roll around, you will have less to worry about. Make sure to scrub grout from the bathroom and kitchen tiles; wipe baseboards, doorknobs, and blinds; sanitize trash cans; clean the carpets and polish wood floors; clean kitchen appliances. Then, as you get closer to hosting family and friends, you'll only need to dust and run a vacuum around the area.
• Create Space for Holiday Decor and Guests - Move some furniture around and check that you have enough space for guests to store their belongings. Put away any ornaments, couch cushions and other knick knacks to make space for decorations.
• Get an Early Start on Decorating your House for the Holidays - The earlier you decorate, the sooner you can check another job off your list. Invest in clear, airtight containers and put labels on them for decorations and if you can, find containers with dividers for your smaller, more fragile ornaments.
• Sort Food and Plan Your Meals with What You Have - Start buying packaged foods (with no expiration date) that you will use for the holidays and stock up on what you can. Ensure you have enough dishes to feed your guests and a tray big enough to fit your turkey.
• Get Everything Ready Two Days Ahead of Time - If you have guests arriving in town, make sure everything is prepared for them two days before. This will save you a lot of stress.
• Consider Giving the Gift of Experience – While unwrapping gifts is fun, to minimize the clutter and trash left behind, consider giving experiential gifts instead of only tangible ones. This is the perfect way to create a special memory with the loved ones and keep your space tidy.
The holidays can be stressful, but they don't have to be if you prepare ahead of time.
For more information on College H.U.N.K.S., visit https://www.collegehunkshaulingjunk.com/.
College HUNKS Hauling Junk & Moving® was originally founded by two college buddies with a beat-up cargo van and now has more than 200 franchises providing full-service tech-enabled residential and commercial moving, junk removal, donation pickups, and labor services in the United States as well as Canada. H.U.N.K.S., which stands for Honest, Uniformed, Nice, Knowledgeable, Service, is a socially conscious, values-based organization and has a national partnership with U.S. Hunger, which strives to end childhood hunger. The brand was awarded the Community Hero award by U.S. Hunger in 2022. The company strives to become recognized as an iconic brand, renowned for its world-class company culture and service, while also providing a viable employment and franchise opportunity to pursue personal and professional fulfillment.
For more information, visit www.collegehunkshaulingjunk.com.
Press release service and press release distribution provided by https://www.24-7pressrelease.com